Friday, December 14, 2012

*POP* art









My goal of this painting was to make the picture colorful and theatrical. I accomplished this by using yellow because it is such a bright color that it can catch someone's attention. The picture is about bright colors. I tried to avoid using dark colors and used vivid colors on the features I wanted attention on (lips and cheeks). the most difficult challenge was using yellow. Sometimes dark colors would mix in with the yellow and make the face look dirty. I used a scraper to get rid of the dark spots and then colored back over the spot. I really like the lips in the picture. I learned that color can portray a personality.If I had a do over I would try to make more textures. I like the lips the best, it is the center of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. hi kyleigh, For some reason your pictures are not coming through. youshould check your settings or see if a friend has the same problem when they look at your page. That said , by what i have seen of the real painting you accomplishes something great. I can tell it's you even though your eyes are not even portrayed. I like the concept, the execution and your explanation. It looks like a big theater poster. Now do something about making your pictures visible on line soon

    ReplyDelete