Friday, December 14, 2012

Self Portrait




My goal was to make the painting to look like me as much as possible. I tried to stick with the dimensions of my face and make sure the size was in proportion to the rest of my face. My painting was about contrast. I wanted one side of my face to have a lot of light and look smooth and then the other half be dark and more rough looking. The most difficult challenge were my lips. I had a hard time trying to make them look like mine. I had to measure my lips in comparison to the rest of my facial features and eventually the shape emerged. I believe the best part of my painting are my eyes. I learned how to curve marks and shadows to make the object look more real. If I had a do over I would make the shadows darker.Again, I feel best about the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment