Friday, October 12, 2012

Carving out the Light





My goal was to display the unique shadows that the pumpkins cast on each other and make the pumpkins look as realistic as possible. I accomplished the shadows by making some areas extremely dark and fading the shadows as they got closer to the light. My picture is about dramatic shadows because the stem casted a very dark vivid shadow and the the pumpkins cast shadows on each other. The challenge was to get the shape of the pumpkins without making the pumpkins look too flat. My painting really works where the closest pumpkin is. The pumpkin looks lighted yet has dark shadows. I have learned that the use of values can make a painting look more realistic. I learned from If I had a do over I would take my time on the pumpkins in the back, I noticed that I sort of rushed the process in the back. I feel good about the pumpkin towards the front, It does look realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment